Simplest Badge Records

Challenges and Games - Extending your gameplay experience since 2008

Re: Simplest Badge Records

Postby Pawel.Anikiel on Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:12 am

awesome!
User avatar
Pawel.Anikiel
 
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:47 pm
Location: Gdynia, Poland

Re: Simplest Badge Records

Postby Skips on Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:24 am

rabid squirrel wrote:Junkyard
- :clean: :green: Image Clean Green Pilot - 5818235 - 56 piece - JKariznov


I can't believe that this is optimal, with all those short chains and wheels, so I've tried to remodel it with fewer pieces:

http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=11714751
User avatar
Skips
 
Posts: 1270
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:11 am
Location: Blighty

Re: Simplest Badge Records

Postby zhyrek on Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:02 pm

Skips wrote:
rabid squirrel wrote:Junkyard
- :clean: :green: Image Clean Green Pilot - 5818235 - 56 piece - JKariznov


I can't believe that this is optimal, with all those short chains and wheels, so I've tried to remodel it with fewer pieces:

http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=11714751

Here, try tweaking this down: http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=11715158
User avatar
zhyrek
 
Posts: 3512
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:11 pm
Location: RPI

Re: Simplest Badge Records

Postby rianbay812 on Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:43 pm

probably less. http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=11715349
didn't count though

ed: lol 1 piece less
User avatar
rianbay812
 
Posts: 1823
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:55 pm
Location: Georgia Institute of Technology: Atlanta, Georgia

Re: Simplest Badge Records

Postby Error-QM on Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:45 pm

http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=11715371
2 pieces less. C'mon, you saw this tweak coming. :)

Ed:
http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=11715372
Tweaked again, 1 piece less from that.
User avatar
Error-QM
 
Posts: 254
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:16 pm
Location: Mind The Gap, forever.

Re: Simplest Badge Records

Postby zhyrek on Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:25 pm

Error-QM wrote:http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=11715371
2 pieces less. C'mon, you saw this tweak coming. :)

For some reason when i was doing it, that way refused to work :c
http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=11715929 Lotsa pieces removed. Dunno even how many
Edit: 36 pieces (total, not removed :P)
User avatar
zhyrek
 
Posts: 3512
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:11 pm
Location: RPI

Re: Simplest Badge Records

Postby Jyo on Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:24 pm

zhyrek wrote:
Error-QM wrote:http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=11715371
2 pieces less. C'mon, you saw this tweak coming. :)

For some reason when i was doing it, that way refused to work :c
http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=11715929 Lotsa pieces removed. Dunno even how many
Edit: 36 pieces (total, not removed :P)


not pilot
User avatar
Jyo
 
Posts: 727
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:25 pm
Location: Berkeley, CA

Re: Simplest Badge Records

Postby zhyrek on Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:07 pm

Jyo wrote:
zhyrek wrote:
Error-QM wrote:http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=11715371
2 pieces less. C'mon, you saw this tweak coming. :)

For some reason when i was doing it, that way refused to work :c
http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=11715929 Lotsa pieces removed. Dunno even how many
Edit: 36 pieces (total, not removed :P)


not pilot

:|
http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=11716025
35 pieces now. Pilot.
User avatar
zhyrek
 
Posts: 3512
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:11 pm
Location: RPI

Re: Simplest Badge Records

Postby schmittd on Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:22 pm

User avatar
schmittd
 
Posts: 1038
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:34 pm
Location: Limitless possibilities. One Game. One Purpose. Fantastic Contraption.

Re: Simplest Badge Records

Postby zhyrek on Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:50 pm

schmittd wrote:http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=11716040
27 pieces, not pilot

Here's 26: http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=11716179 Almost pilot D:
User avatar
zhyrek
 
Posts: 3512
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:11 pm
Location: RPI

Re: Simplest Badge Records

Postby Skips on Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:47 am

zhyrek wrote:
schmittd wrote:http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=11716040
27 pieces, not pilot

Here's 26: http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=11716179 Almost pilot D:


If you delete the stick pushing the blocks, the left hand side still clears but the catapult fails. I can't tweak it to work :/
User avatar
Skips
 
Posts: 1270
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:11 am
Location: Blighty

Re: Simplest Badge Records

Postby Skips on Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:55 am

User avatar
Skips
 
Posts: 1270
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:11 am
Location: Blighty

Re: Simplest Badge Records

Postby rianbay812 on Sun May 06, 2012 10:22 am

- Water Boomerang - 10781747 - 93 piece - redreoicy (& DMarden117/Skips/souliers779)

far from minimal.
http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=11732499 heres 35
http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=11732504 29 water boom
User avatar
rianbay812
 
Posts: 1823
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:55 pm
Location: Georgia Institute of Technology: Atlanta, Georgia

Re: Simplest Badge Records

Postby DoktorQ on Sun May 06, 2012 10:49 am

Skips wrote:
zhyrek wrote:
schmittd wrote:http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=11716040
27 pieces, not pilot

Here's 26: http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=11716179 Almost pilot D:


If you delete the stick pushing the blocks, the left hand side still clears but the catapult fails. I can't tweak it to work :/


26 pieces Green Clean Pilot
http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=11732518
User avatar
DoktorQ
 
Posts: 378
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:47 pm

Re: Simplest Badge Records

Postby rianbay812 on Sat May 12, 2012 8:34 pm

rianbay812 wrote:- Water Boomerang - 10781747 - 93 piece - redreoicy (& DMarden117/Skips/souliers779)

far from minimal.
http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=11732499 heres 35
http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=11732504 29 water boom

27 http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=11732588
still plenty of room for improvement
http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=11732599 24

http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=11732621 22
approaching minimal
http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=11732623 21

btw this design is based off of an earlier mechanism I made in the Mag Shuffle.
http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=11672984
remember this? see the similarities???

Here, you can tweak this down
http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=11736856 water pilot infaboom reach up
User avatar
rianbay812
 
Posts: 1823
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:55 pm
Location: Georgia Institute of Technology: Atlanta, Georgia

Re: Simplest Badge Records

Postby Wafflekins on Sat May 12, 2012 9:32 pm

http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=11736876 removed the water attached to the goal piece. Maybe a 7 piece water thingy will work like the other water infabooms in the OP :P
User avatar
Wafflekins
 
Posts: 2699
Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 12:05 pm
Location: An assembly of sticks and sometimes wheels can at once exemplify scientific beauty and fun.

Re: Simplest Badge Records

Postby Skips on Sun May 13, 2012 1:09 pm

User avatar
Skips
 
Posts: 1270
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:11 am
Location: Blighty

Re: Simplest Badge Records

Postby Wafflekins on Sun May 13, 2012 1:51 pm

http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=11737283 Mind the Gap 2pc :water: :champ: now 106 ticks instead of 121

http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=11737285 105
User avatar
Wafflekins
 
Posts: 2699
Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 12:05 pm
Location: An assembly of sticks and sometimes wheels can at once exemplify scientific beauty and fun.

Re: Simplest Badge Records

Postby DoktorQ on Wed May 16, 2012 6:16 am

Wafflekins wrote:http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=11737283 Mind the Gap 2pc :water: :champ: now 106 ticks instead of 121

http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=11737285 105


Here is 100
http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=11738710


Here is 100 with different design
http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=11738714
User avatar
DoktorQ
 
Posts: 378
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:47 pm

Re: Simplest Badge Records

Postby Wafflekins on Wed May 16, 2012 3:24 pm

Junkyard http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=4044676 :water: 5pc by mtdewd

From the slow contraption thread... was this never added because of how slow it is?
User avatar
Wafflekins
 
Posts: 2699
Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 12:05 pm
Location: An assembly of sticks and sometimes wheels can at once exemplify scientific beauty and fun.

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges and Games



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron