Summer.

Non-game-related stuff (beta)

Summer.

Postby uberman56 on Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:10 pm

Hello everybody, Isaac here, just wondering what's going on in everyones life.
I am currently planned to be going to San Francisco then traveling south to go to Disneyland, then we shall go to Spain for 2 of my cousins weddings.
I have been playing Black Ops on PS3 and am very good at the game. I am ranked like 1200th in headquarters overall on my Life_TheScope account.
Well, reply with tithings, Isaac.
uberman56

Re: Summer.

Postby Wafflekins on Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:18 pm

♪ GIRLS GIVE IT UP FOR THE SUMMER TIME, CUZ BOYS ARE ON THE BEACH LOOKIN' GOOD AND I'M FEELING FINE. I'M ON A MISSION TO MAKE YOU MINE, JUST PUT THE MUSIC ON GIVE IT UP FOR THE SUMMER TIME ♫
Wafflekins

Location: An assembly of sticks and sometimes wheels can at once exemplify scientific beauty and fun.

Postby rlbabits on Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:45 pm

Weddings in spain sound sweet!

Well i'm trying to buy a car and get an engineering internship. but since your wondering whats going on in everyone's life, I nearly did something worth bragging about! Almost made the qualifying mark to the Olympic trials for pole vault. missed it by a foot D:
...needed to clear 18', made 17' and almost 17'8" a little while back before the qualifying deadline...woulda been really close to going if i left that up :P also woulda been pretty lucky to clear 18ft after making 17'8" but i had a chance...well got 4 years to train and for 2016 XD annnnd that's my summer. (lol Olympic trials would have been a cool excuse for not meeting deadlines in schmittd's comp)

Also I enjoy techno.
rlbabits

Postby schmittd on Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:30 pm

rl, you wanna train me in pole vault this summer? jk, but i dont have a coach and im the only pole vaulter at my school and i just started this year, so as you can probably guess, im not very good haha... i got 10'6" which i was proud of for being a first time vaulter. obviously i need a coach haha. but congrats on 17 feet! thats sweet considering the highest ive ever seen in person is 15 feet. it wouldve been awesome if you qualified for the olympics!

and as for my summer, ill be relaxing. playing soccer or fc when im not life guarding (a little extra money is always nice)
schmittd

Location: Limitless possibilities. One Game. One Purpose. Fantastic Contraption.

Postby rlbabits on Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:34 pm

lol you pole vault too? thats awesome! actually if you sent me some videos or just wanted advice on specific techniques I bet i could help you quite a bit! (got nothing better to do) but you really need a good coach to vault high, the event is insanely technical/mental/physical. my dad coaches me and he jumped 18' back in the dinosaur age, so he is of course a great coach.
rlbabits

Postby schmittd on Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:39 pm

i suck at bending the pole. i think i need to do a better job of keeping my left arm straight. thats what kids have told me at meets at least lol i love the sport though, even though im no pro
schmittd

Location: Limitless possibilities. One Game. One Purpose. Fantastic Contraption.

Postby rlbabits on Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:41 pm

well i don't wanna spam this thread to a ridiculous point with pole vault troubleshooting so ill pm you some questions....
rlbabits

Postby Jyo on Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:01 pm

missed it by a foot! very nice job rl! best of luck to you friend :)

as for me,
im studying for the GRE so i have a shot at goin to grad school
and watching alot of bleach lol

oh and i went to korea which was great
Jyo

Postby Wafflekins on Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:39 pm

I guess I'll post what I'm actually doing during the summer haha... Working at a summer camp for 7 weeks, 9am to 6pm. I don't even know what I'm being paid but whatever, it could probably suck more :p

Nothing else really. Although I do plan on going places with people. I don't know when or where but it'll happen... eventually :ninja:
Wafflekins

Location: An assembly of sticks and sometimes wheels can at once exemplify scientific beauty and fun.

Postby jdccdj1 on Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:41 pm

during my summer i will be doing remodels on my parents various houses and hopefully
travelling to north dakota to work in the oil fields...they are paying 3k to 5k a week...i
don't want to pass up THAT kinda money if i can help it, lol...other than that, just reading
and missing my girlfriend and playing FC
jdccdj1

Postby rlbabits on Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:58 pm

3k-5k a week?? what kinda work needs to be done there? and is this an invite only job or can anyone go up there and do it? haha you've got me interested...
rlbabits

Postby Error-QM on Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:37 pm

Jyo wrote:missed it by a foot! very nice job rl! best of luck to you friend :)

as for me,
im studying for the GRE so i have a shot at goin to grad school
and watching alot of bleach lol

oh and i went to korea which was great

Sweet Jyo, good luck on your GREs, hope ya do well! :)

Looks like another long flight back to VN for me and then I'll be studying to prep for the mother of all Fall quarters. Love school, especially on the occasions I'm good at it. Gonna be singing plenty this summer too LOL
Error-QM

Postby Brian3.14 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:51 am

I'm going to some places in Europe with a cruise, and also a place in England. Could be good to test my English =D. I can't play FC there so I will be away sometimes.
and I'm also looking for an electric drum kit, so I probably will play with it all summer.
be prepared neighbors >:D
Brian3.14

Location: games are a phenomenal way to feel the rewards we need,without all of the unknown challenges of life

Postby Dean-o on Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:52 pm

Bump because I never read Off-Topic :P

I'm relaxing, hanging out with friends, volunteering a bit at a food bank, probably gonna get my driver's license later this summer...

And I'm going to Vegas to compete in the U.S. National Rubik's Cube Championships :P
Dean-o

Location: Spreading its influence across the world for everyone to play.

Postby Brian3.14 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:06 am

Dean-o wrote:
And I'm going to Vegas to compete in the U.S. National Rubik's Cube Championships :P

:O, you're probably very good. I can't even make it to the final round if I join a competition xD
Brian3.14

Location: games are a phenomenal way to feel the rewards we need,without all of the unknown challenges of life

Postby Error-QM on Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:14 am

My PB is 27.37 - and Dean would probably laugh at it :) I even had a PLL skip that solve...
Good luck Dean!
Error-QM

Postby Brian3.14 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:24 am

mine is 22:07, its amazing but without a OLL or PLL skip. my previous PB was 23 sec, with a PLL skip. would be great if I had that time on a competition :D
Brian3.14

Postby Dean-o on Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:25 am

Brian3.14 wrote:
Dean-o wrote:

:O, you're probably very good. I can't even make it to the final round if I join a competition xD

Thank you, but that's a really weird standard you've got there. I've been to 10 competitions, and only made it to the finals in 3x3 2 or 3 times. Have you ever been to a comp? I know a lot of Dutch speedcubers.

@{???} Thanks :smile: That was about my PB when I went to my first comp :p
Dean-o

Postby Brian3.14 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:43 am

yeah, I joined 3 competitions and I'm going to another one in september. I just learned some PLL's so maybe I have a good change :) , and if you know some dutch speedcubers, you will probably know mats valk. he got a WR for the 4x4 :D.
what is actually your PB?
is it me or are here many speedcubers?
Brian3.14

Postby Dean-o on Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:00 pm

Yes, of course I know Mats. He made me consider switching my 4x4 method :p
My PB is 7.58 with a PLL skip, before that it was 7.61 with an LL skip. I average around 12-13.
Dean-o

Next

Return to Off-Topic (beta)