Is the FC1 full version worth paying for?

Report bugs, registration issues, or just suggest some new features in this thread! Guaranteed to have at least 10% more dev attention than other threads!

Is the FC1 full version worth paying for?

Postby Aurek-san on Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:11 am

I'd love to purchase the full version but I've got a few doubts:

Has everyone moved over to FC2? How active is FC1 these days?
Would paid membership here transfer to FC2 if I want to switch?
I've heard some users complain they're losing older levels. Not cool.
Some kid hacker deleted my designs and wrote "FAG" everywhere...
I've made another account, but it can't log onto the forums?

I'd be buying membership for my new account, this one has lost everything and just feels insecure. Also kinda dirty, like that kid took a dump all over everything. But this new account can't log onto the forums so maybe I should stick with this one? Are new accounts not allowed on these forums, because I hesitate to join a closed community destined to dry up. See what I mean? I've got a few doubts, and I just want to know what I'm getting for my ten bucks.

peace everyone
Aurek-san

Re: Is the FC1 full version worth paying for?

Postby rlbabits on Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:36 am

Well..for ten bucks it's pretty dang good. Here is a video to back up my claim: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dapozJPTTiA there are plenty more videos to watch of that quality out there...

there are thousands of designs out there like that.. and you can make designs like that too with a bit of practice and a good head on your shoulders :)

As for activity, i doubt it will dry up, but that said the fun of the game without the community is worth at least the $10 in my opinion.
there are currently around 30 or so solid members on the forum who are all pretty much awesome people i doubt that will fluctuate much :D also there are a number of competitions and level sets to join and play.

the actual game seems to have around 85 people online at a time, there are usually a fair amount of new levels created per day as well.
If you check the other forum topics you will see there is enough activity to enjoy your stay haha.
if you are putting ten bucks into your new account im sure nobody will mind ;)

As for FC2, i do not believe the payment here carries over...that one has a decent community too, but i like this one better..i'd suggest checking that one out as well.
Hope this helps!
rlbabits

Postby zhyrek on Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:39 am

Hey, I remember you! :D
zhyrek

Postby Aurek-san on Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:51 pm

I can't even sign up over at FC2, the password selection forms don't work. I may buy membership on both sites eventually, soon as these issues resolve themselves. Think I'll start by changing my password here and buying membership on my current account, unless the site decides to recognize my new account. We'll see.

As for the quality of the game itself, I'm already sold there. I've played FC on and off since 2009 and during the bizarre Prius Edition promo I practiced designing levels. I'm just not sure what to do here, now that I'm considering membership. Should I sign-up with this account or my new one, should I sign-up here for FC1 or FC2 etc. Questions and more questions.

FC2 really impresses me, except for the magnets. Those seem silly. But I love that I can incorporate wheels and rods into the level itself, I could really let my creativity run wild with that. But the sign-up seems so glitchy and uninviting, I feel like I'll somehow lose my account or otherwise disappear down the black-hole of site maintenance.

Can anyone here shed some insight into FC2? Like I said, I'd love to sign up for both but only if the infrastructure's worth my money.
Good to know FC1's community still exists and keeps itself active.
Aurek-san

Postby schmittd on Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:36 pm

I recently joined FC2, and im starting to see why so many people stayed over here on FC1. The forums here are much more of a community, whereas there, everybody seems to be more of acquaintances. Also, magnets suck. The problems here are pretty much all resolved, except for the hacker. As for FC2, ive never noticed any problems and i personally had no problems signing up. As for which you should sign up for, i suggest both. If you buy this one first, you get a 5$ discount on FC2. If you are going to pick one, that depends on what you want. if you want a community, come here. if you want a less friendly forum, but more possibilities for levels, go to FC2. as for which forums are more active, they are both just somewhat active, but i feel that FC2 is a little moreso than FC1.
schmittd

Location: Limitless possibilities. One Game. One Purpose. Fantastic Contraption.

Postby zhyrek on Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:38 pm

schmittd wrote: Also, magnets suck.

I beg to differ. Those magnets got me FC2 membership
zhyrek

Postby schmittd on Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:45 pm

i cant get the hang of them, plus they are kinda glitchy and certain magnet-based designs that supposedly work for other people dont work for me
schmittd

Location: Limitless possibilities. One Game. One Purpose. Fantastic Contraption.

Postby Aurek-san on Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:44 pm

I've just paid for the full version of FC2, and they've got this ridiculous bug messing up level design (we can't test our levels or post them- bummer)
This really disappoints me but hopefully they'll fix the issue?

Anyway, if I buy FC1 membership I'll just use this account. I've got name-recognition with a certain crowd (what's up zhyrek!) so that's cool. I'll need to change my password and delete the twenty-odd designs from High School the hacker left untouched, he should have messed with those and left me my good work.
Aurek-san

Postby Aurek-san on Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:21 pm

Actually, I'm sold on the magnets too. Those are alright.
Aurek-san

Postby Error-QM on Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:32 am

zhyrek wrote:

Why use magnets when you can use and build notoriety and disdain with phase chains? :D
Error-QM

Postby Xizeeks on Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:48 am

I've certainly gotten my ten bux worth here. Never did buy FC2, and won't until they implement an Ignore feature.
Xizeeks

Postby zhyrek on Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:04 pm

Error-QM wrote:
zhyrek wrote:

Why use magnets when you can use and build notoriety and disdain with phase chains? :D

No idea what you are talking about :ninja:
zhyrek

Postby platypus11 on Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:08 pm

Enjoy them both equally.
platypus11

Return to Feedback and Problems