The Mother of All Lags

Report bugs, registration issues, or just suggest some new features in this thread! Guaranteed to have at least 10% more dev attention than other threads!

The Mother of All Lags

Postby Error-QM on Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:23 am

http://imageshack.us/content_round.php?page=done&l=img210/2641/motherofalllags.png
I can't manage to get the [img][/img]tags working (all I get is image), but follow the link. It practically speaks for itself. No photoshop here.

I encountered this while doing the Hap comp, but couldn't post until R2 was up. This was simply the most graphic occurrence I could PrintScreen, which would be funny if it weren't so sad. Every single contraption, even this two-wheel thingy, invokes the same torturous lag. Often the edge of the box is frozen--the clouds and contraption there don't move at all--and only the inside "updates," often with more lag. The "update" sometimes spreads into this frozen box in a spiral, which does interesting things; for one, closing the Victory! cloud doesn't register immediately on the outside, so the center vanishes--after a few laggy seconds--and I get a Victory! donut. Funny, but also excruciating.

I've tried updating Flash, but I doubt that's the problem. I can play any contraption I build on http://FantasticContraption.net smoothly. Other flash games have no problem. But the .com and www. websites do have this problem.

Anybody have suggestions? I'm using Firefox on I think a 2007 PC.

Help is appreciated!
Error-QM

Re: The Mother of All Lags

Postby Error-QM on Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:14 am

Bump. Nobody's got comments? :(

Oh, well. I guess I'll have to live with not seeing anyone's designs ever again and just play on the Kongregate mirror...
Error-QM

Postby Wafflekins on Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:29 am

I had the same problem too. The game will randomly lag horribly, but then it'll work fine an hour or so later. I'm not sure what the reason is...
Wafflekins

Location: An assembly of sticks and sometimes wheels can at once exemplify scientific beauty and fun.

Postby Light-quick on Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:01 pm

I have a Macintosh, and the game works as smooth as summer cherries. :)
Light-quick

Location: A place where ingenuity inspires, imagination illuminates, and innovation ignites.

Postby Error-QM on Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:47 pm

Lucky you, LQ. The Kong mirror doesn't have a tick counter, which is particularly harsh since the competition I'm doing is all about ticks and speed ;). I'm a PC (user) though.
Error-QM

Return to Feedback and Problems