Password problems?

Report bugs, registration issues, or just suggest some new features in this thread! Guaranteed to have at least 10% more dev attention than other threads!

Password problems?

Postby fruchteis on Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:38 pm

I attempted to change my password, and was then unable to login, even though I literally copied and pasted into the fields to set the password and to log in, so it could not have been entered incorrectly. I tried again by hand, in case the game for some reason won't accept pasted text. It did change my password away from the old one, to something. So I had to reset the password.
I assume this means there are some constraints on the password then.

Is there a maximum password length? If so, it's 15, isn't it. I was over that length.
Are there limits on which characters can and cannot be used? If so, I violated that also, I assume.
There isn't anything on the password changing screen that mentions any constraints, so I did not know what to expect and what not to.

If there aren't any constraints, then I guess my computer is just acting bizarre, which isn't unusual...
fruchteis

Re: Password problems?

Postby weasel on Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:33 am

To be honest I'm not sure what the password constraints are - I'll leave that one for Pacifist to answer - but I beleive it is capped at 50 characters so no worries there. It should also accept most characters you type.

Email your details to sales@fantasticcontraption.com and we'll try to get you sorted out.
weasel

Return to Feedback and Problems