ID36 "Out of retirement" Comp

Challenges and Games - Extending your gameplay experience since 2008

Re: ID36 "Out of Retirement" Comp

Postby xhawkx on Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:43 pm

I hope to be giving you guys a challenge on this one..
:-)
xhawkx

Postby ID36 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:07 am

xhawkx resubmitted and further boosted himself ahead of the pack. patacoman also made another submission which saw him break his tie with schmittd, but not quite reach xhawkx. It feels like deja vu, but the optimal score still hasn't been hit! :o

Will we see schmittd or Waffles resubmit? Will patacoman come up with something epi.c? Will xhawkx maintain his lead? Gripping stuff. Stay tuned for the next update!
ID36

Postby ID36 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:10 am

It seems I spoke too soon; xhawkx has made another submission, again furthering his lead above his opponents! But what's this?!....another challenger?! That's right! Crusher has entered and he's hungry. Landing in at joint 4th place ahead of Waffles on ticks, his initial entry looks strong. I hope to see more from him in the coming days before the deadline.

So we now have 3 of FC's old-skool heavyweights battling it out for victory. This is gonna be quite a sight. What can Waffles and schmiddt do to stay afloat?

My parting words of this update are "no optimal solution yet" :o
ID36

Postby ID36 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:57 am

Yet another contender! The show keeps growing! mtdewd joins the pack with his initial submission and lands in at 6th place. Don't be discouraged, one of your solutions is awesome! And you have plenty of time to work on the other two!
ID36

Postby Wafflekins on Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:19 pm

What can I do to stay afloat? Not much now, I'm just waiting to see the solutions everyone came up with. I entered my last submission feeling pretty confident, so like always, I'll be completely blown away by the winning solves!
Wafflekins

Location: An assembly of sticks and sometimes wheels can at once exemplify scientific beauty and fun.

Postby xhawkx on Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:40 pm

Wafflekins wrote:What can I do to stay afloat? Not much now, I'm just waiting to see the solutions everyone came up with. I entered my last submission feeling pretty confident, so like always, I'll be completely blown away by the winning solves!

Come on Wafflekins.. I know you can pull something out...
xhawkx

Postby mtdewd on Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:06 pm

ID36 wrote: one of your solutions is awesome!
It's probably the one with the plus score...
mtdewd

Postby ID36 on Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:10 pm

Updates have been a little dry, but the latest is enough to blow the roof off! Patacoman resubmits with a stunning set of solutions that sees him take 1st place, and I can officially say that the optimal score has at last been met! With just under 24 hours before the deadline, can xhawkx come back? Also, marcxb resubmitted and moved a little closer to MtDewd.
ID36

Postby marcxb on Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:02 am

Anyone can help?

If I have a :water: solve, do I automatically get to substract :green: -8, :unconnected:-2 AND :water: : -6

Also in the case of the level foudation, when we solve it, the :goalc: reach the :goal: area, and still is in the limit of the :build: area...does that mak a :boomerang: ?
marcxb

Postby ID36 on Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:01 am

marcxb wrote:Anyone can help?

If I have a :water: solve, do I automatically get to substract :green: -8, :unconnected:-2 AND :water: : -6

Also in the case of the level foudation, when we solve it, the :goalc: reach the :goal: area, and still is in the limit of the :build: area...does that mak a :boomerang: ?

:water: scores :green: :unconnected: :water: for -16, yes.
On Foundations it is possible to score :boomerang: and :champ: for -12 if you get the :goalc: to stop within the area where the goal and build area overlap.
ID36

Re: ID36 "Out of Retirement" Comp - Results up!

Postby ID36 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:41 am

Results have been posted! Congratulations to patacoman for finally achieving the optimal score on every level! Also a big 'well done' to xhawkx, schmittd, waffle, and cruiser on giving a very exciting chase to the finish line. Lastly, a high five to MtDewd and to marcxb on achieving minus totals. marcxb, in particular, amazed me by coming from a total of +23 to -7 throughout the comp so well done on that, too!

Thanks again for entering, and until next time, keep tweaking!
ID36

Re: ID36 "Out of Retirement" Comp - Results up!

Postby marcxb on Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:11 am

ID36 wrote:Results have been posted! Congratulations to patacoman for finally achieving the optimal score on every level! Also a big 'well done' to xhawkx, schmittd, waffle, and cruiser on giving a very exciting chase to the finish line. Lastly, a high five to MtDewd and to marcxb on achieving minus totals. marcxb, in particular, amazed me by coming from a total of +23 to -7 throughout the comp so well done on that, too!

Thanks again for entering, and until next time, keep tweaking!

Thanks for your good words ID, even thought I finish last..not even close :lol: I need Good job to all you guys!
marcxb

Previous

Return to Challenges and Games