Need help please

Come talk about the game, your Contraptions, and your solutions!

Need help please

Postby cmbty2 on Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:29 pm

Okay so i found the FCML Editor and was able to craft some ghostblocks. I played arounI with it and saw that you can generate circles. I tried but it said a plugin was required. So, i searched how to get FCML plugins and found no results. I was wondering if anyone can tell me what plugins are and how do i get those plugins. Please and Thank-you
cmbty2

Re: Need help please

Postby ken75 on Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:41 pm

The circle generator has been broken for quite awhile now, nothing we can do as far as I know.
ken75

Postby cmbty2 on Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:50 pm

Okay what about the other plugins?
cmbty2

Postby ken75 on Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:54 pm

Same thing. You can still make circles and shapes if you're good at math and you can calculate the positioning for each piece manually, that's how beadrix is doing it I think. But I know there are softwares that plot things on graphs for you, that you can plug into FCML yourself.
ken75

Postby zhyrek on Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:34 am

You can always write the code yourself in whatever language you see fit. Or ask someone to do it for you really nicely (if they have time)
zhyrek

Postby Pawel. on Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:10 am

zhyrek wrote:You can always write the code yourself in whatever language you see fit. Or ask someone to do it for you really nicely (if they have time)
Pawel.

Postby beadrix on Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:44 am

Ken got it right I have been looking at ways to plot circles seeming that the circle generating plugin is bjorked. I was pissy poor at maths in my school years and have now learnt a bunch about cosine and sine. Just hoping to incorporate this into some good looking levels.

You will see I have been playing with lettering as well as some shapes. I'll get around to blogging what I have learnt sometime.
beadrix

Postby rianbay812 on Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:06 pm

My dad's computer crashed so I lost the code but I know how to do the math, so I'll set it up for you. I've got nothing better to do. PM me and we'll work something out

I can do a circle or any other functions, see if something here inspires you:
http://fantasticcontraption.com/forum/v ... 54#p272289

zhyrek wrote:You can always write the code yourself in whatever language you see fit. Or ask someone to do it for you really nicely (if they have time)

[sarcasm] Or ask zhyrek!!!!!!!!! He sounds like he'd be thrilled to help you too :P [/sarcasm]
rianbay812

Postby beadrix on Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:39 am

I have my formulae set up in excel and word documents. I came across this video which I thought was rather cool https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHU4h6f1PxQ about patterns in nature. Not really suited to FC as it supposedly has a piece limit.
beadrix

Postby zhyrek on Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:13 pm

rianbay812 wrote:My dad's computer crashed so I lost the code but I know how to do the math, so I'll set it up for you. I've got nothing better to do. PM me and we'll work something out

I can do a circle or any other functions, see if something here inspires you:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10254#p272289

[sarcasm] Or ask zhyrek!!!!!!!!! He sounds like he'd be thrilled to help you too :P [/sarcasm]

Well, since you insisted...

Instructions:
1. Download Eclipse (I think you want this one: http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packag ... 22/junosr2 )
2. Install it. Duh. Then run Eclipse.
3. Make a new Java Project (File, New, Java Project). Call it CircleGenerator (This one isn't picky about the name. The other ones ARE)
4. Right click on the Java Project you created and make a new package in it (Right click, New, Package). Call it circleGenerator (yes, that IS lower case.) If you can't find where to click on it, follow this first: (Window, Show View, Package Explorer)
5. Right click on the package (not the src), and create a new class in it (Right click, New, Class). Call it CircleGenerator (with caps)
6. Delete all the code that generates with it, and paste this into it:
Code: Select all
package circleGenerator;
import java.util.Scanner;
public class CircleGenerator {
   public static void main(String[] args)
   {
      Scanner scan = new Scanner(System.in);
      System.out.println("X coordinate to be centered at?");
      double x = scan.nextDouble();
      System.out.println("Y coordinate to be centered at?");
      double y = scan.nextDouble();
      System.out.println("Number of pieces used in the circle? (More = better looking circle)");
      int n = scan.nextInt();
      System.out.println("Radius of circle?");
      double r = scan.nextInt();
      System.out.println("Copy/Paste the code after this point:");
      System.out.println("");
      for(int i = 0; i < n; i++)
      {
         System.out.println("DynamicRect ("+(x + r * Math.cos(2 * Math.PI * i / n)+", "+(y + r * Math.sin(2 * Math.PI * i / n)+"), (0, " +(2 * Math.PI * r / n + 8)+"), "+ (360 * i / n) )));
      }
      scan.close();
   }
}

7. Run it. Do what it says.

Woo, that was a productive 5 minutes.
zhyrek

Postby Pawel. on Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:14 pm

("+(x + r * Math.cos(2 * Math.PI * i / n)+", "+(y + r * Math.sin(2 * Math.PI * i / n)+"), (0, " +(2 * Math.PI * r / n + 8)+"), "+ (360 * i / n) )));

Daffaq
Pawel.

Postby zhyrek on Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:02 pm

Pawel. wrote:
("+(x + r * Math.cos(2 * Math.PI * i / n)+", "+(y + r * Math.sin(2 * Math.PI * i / n)+"), (0, " +(2 * Math.PI * r / n + 8)+"), "+ (360 * i / n) )));

Daffaq

I don't organize my code, I just write it as it goes.

"DynamicRect ("
Prints
DynamicRect (

(x + r * Math.cos(2 * Math.PI * i / n)
Prints the x coordinate of the piece, the center plus the x component of the radius
(y + r * Math.sin(2 * Math.PI * i / n)
Just like the last one, but with the y coordinate
"), (0, "
Prints
), (0,
which ends the first parenthesis and begins the next one, starting with a width of 0
(2 * Math.PI * r / n + 8)
Prints the approximate length thats needed. This is far from being accurate, i was lazy
"), "
You should know what this does by now
(360 * i / n)
Prints the angle

The pluses add all those little bits together into one thing to print
zhyrek

Postby rianbay812 on Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:57 pm

not because I want to add a ton of work, but I think this would run a lot smoother if the dude who started this article just gave you all the inputs and you sent him a list of all the pieces
rianbay812

Postby schmittd on Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:41 pm

boolean b = schmittd is awesome;
if(b){
   System.out.println("Win.");
}else{
   System.out.println("This else statement is unnecessary because schmittd is awesome.");
}
schmittd

Location: Limitless possibilities. One Game. One Purpose. Fantastic Contraption.

Return to Levels and Game Chat