Solutions not showing up?

Report bugs, registration issues, or just suggest some new features in this thread! Guaranteed to have at least 10% more dev attention than other threads!

Solutions not showing up?

Postby jlapo on Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:35 pm

Quick question, probably some obvious answer. After I solve and save a level (e.g. 'Around') why don't I see my solution listed with the other ones? I can get back to them with the saved link, but I'm wondering if I have to do something special to have them appear in the list with the other ones.
jlapo

Re: Solutions not showing up?

Postby NightStryke on Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:38 pm

As per the newest pinned topic, we're becoming too much for the database and it needs an upgrade (again). Until then, you'll run into some problems, like long or indefinite loading times and faulty saves. Just check the url given when you save a contraption: if the design ID is 0, save it again.
NightStryke

Postby jlapo on Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:43 pm

Well like I said the saved URL works fine for all my solutions, so that appears to be OK. I'm simply not seeing said solution appear with the others (under the little pink 'people' button that brings you to others' solutions). For example, here's my solution for 'Around', but it doesn't appear in the list with the rest:

http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=170190
jlapo

Postby NightStryke on Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:45 pm

Oh, it's not showing up with others' solutions; sorry, missed that. That's because you need to go into "My Designs" and click the "Publish" icon (has an arrow on it).
NightStryke

Postby jlapo on Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:46 pm

Thanks! I *knew* it must be an obvious answer. :)
jlapo

Return to Feedback and Problems