## FOUNTAIN of ANSWERED QUERIES (FoAQ) ##

Report bugs, registration issues, or just suggest some new features in this thread! Guaranteed to have at least 10% more dev attention than other threads!

## FOUNTAIN of ANSWERED QUERIES (FoAQ) ##

Postby weasel on Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:37 pm

We have a lot of the same questions popping up and I thought I'd put them all into one place to keep this forum a bit cleaner.

If your question is not answered below, check out:
http://wiki.fantasticcontraption.com/wi ... _questions

1. I paid but I can't tell if I'm registered!
Click the "Player Levels" icon at the top of the game screen. It will give you a "Restricted" error message and a prompt to purchase if you are not registered.

2. I paid but I can't access the player levels (or other registered-esque things)!
If there is any delays in Paypal's emailing system, the "instant access" might end up taking an hour or 3. The longest delay we experienced was 18 hours with Paypal, but mostly everything is done within 60 seconds. Our flash application also depends on being able to store flash cookies, which is different from storing regular browser cookies. Firewall products such as ZoneAlarm and Internet Technologies Firewall have been identified as two programs that block these cookies, but there may be others. Try temporarily disabling your security product or putting Fantastic Contraption on a whitelist. You can also try loading FC in a different browser to see if you get alternate results. Failing that, please email your username and paypal receipt to sales@fantasticcontraption.com so we can check and see if it's a database issue.

3. I sent an email to sales@fantasticcontraption.com but did not get a response!
If there is a server problem or paypal problem at the time, we usually get a flood of emails from customers. It can take anywhere from minutes to days to respond to your request. Please bear with us!

4. I sent an email to sales@fantasticcontraption.com but I got a bounceback error!
Uh-oh! That's not good. Forward me your email personally and I'll make sure it gets put into the appropriate mailboxes. I can be reached at capn.lurch@gmail.com. Please include a cut and paste of the bounceback error message or your query may be ignored (anytime I post my address I get deluged with email)

5. I am a registered user and I can do everything a registered user can, but the registered music is not playing!
The music file is streamed from our server to your flash client; it is a 3mb file if you are unregistered, and a 10mb file if registered. If your internet disconnected or had any sort of large-file transfer errors or restrictions, there may have been a corrupted download. The stream will also timeout if it does not receive enough data in a specific amount of time - which means satellite, dialup, and wireless connections (not wifi) may not receive the full file. You will have to clear your cache files (including Flash Cache, which is not handled by your browser settings) and try reloading the game. If this doesn't work, it means the file is still downloading (do you have a slow connection?) or the download is timing out. You will have to look into your networking settings; there is nothing blocking you on our end!

6. I found a dirty/hurtful/racist design!
We have a fairly liberal policy about free speech. We don't want to interfere with most of your lives and what you want to do with your contraptions. That said, we also recognize that our application is used in educational environments and with children as young as 6! If you want to create and share designs, feel free to do so - just do not "publish" your design for everyone to see if you think it might be hurtful to be shown to 4th graders. If you spot any such designs published please email the designID to sales@fantasticcontraption.com (not just the level name - we can't do much with that).

7. I have something I need to tell an administrator right NOW! It's URGENT!
Best place to get a hold of me quickly is IRC. I often hang out at IRC.COLDFRONT.NET #FC (for the uninitiated, click here). If I am not around, several other people on IRC will know how to get a hold of me quickly. The only other way to get in touch is email - sales@fantasticcontraption.com.

8. The game is down!
Occasionally we will have an outage and I won't have a chance to post about it before hand, so there is a good chance I am aware of the issue. Pretty much look for an announcement thread or another dev post to see if the issue has been addressed before or after the event. If there isn't any sort of indicator there is a problem, and you notice there are already 40 threads about the game being out, chances are it's something I just haven't gotten to posting about yet.

9. I get a blank white box where the game should be!
This is most definitely your security settings/software. The game checks the referring website to see if it should display itself (to prevent hijackers). Some people turn off "referrers" in their browser settings, or some security programs will turn on this feature at higher security levels. FC Requires this to run, so please enable it for our domain. Another possible reason is the flash file was corrupted in download. Try clearing your cache files and try loading the page again.

10. I found a glitch! My contraption acts all wonky, check it out!
Some glitches are a byproduct of the code and legitimate, and some are "intentional features" to overcome some other failing. We've documented all the glitches on the Wiki, but if you have found a new one, please do post about it!

11. When I click the "lost password" send button in the game, it just sits there and does not respond!
We have a bit of a bug in the game where an error message doesn't show up if you get the credentials wrong. You are most likely punching in the wrong email address or username. Make sure you are typing both correctly, and if you still have trouble email sales@fantasticcontraption.com for assistance.

12. I filled out the lost password form, but it doesn't seem to be sending anything to my email address!
Either the email address you provided doesn't match the one in our database (see #11 above), or it is going to your spam folder! Please check there after waiting about 5 minutes.

13. Soring through levels is hard and/or I can't find a level I just played!
The level browsing system is not the best, we know. It is why we have purchased SK89Q's FCResource. We will have it integrated to our website and linked from the main page soon, so everyone can easily browse and search - until then, access it here: http://fc.therisenrealm.com

14. Is there a downloadable version of the game?
Yes. See it here.

15. I am registered but I still see advertisements!
Check this thread for some detailed instructions on removing the ads from your game.

16. Why is the game down so often?
All outages we are aware of are posted in the Dev Dish forum. If you don't see a particular outage listed there, let us know! We likely aren't aware of the problem, and we can't fix what we aren't aware of. You can post outage reports here to the Feedback Forum, or you can email them to sales@fantasticcontraption.com .
weasel

Re: ## FOUNTAIN of ANSWERED QUERIES (FoAQ) ##

Postby sk89q on Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:46 pm

sk89q

Postby tmusquiez on Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:02 pm

How do I get rid of ads???

lol.

Answer:
pay :10bux:
tmusquiez

Postby HBhankHB on Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:33 pm

For #5... I checked all of those things and it still dosen't work! There must be another thing!!!
HBhankHB

Postby blueman77 on Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:08 pm

For #11 Im super 100% sure its the right email and i contacted sales@fantasticcontraption.com and i still cant do it
blueman77

Postby RockstarM on Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:58 am

If you are sick of seeing ad's, the best and cheapest method is to close your eyes.
Trust me, it works every time
RockstarM

Postby weasel on Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:43 am

RockstarM wrote:If you are sick of seeing ad's, the best and cheapest method is to close your eyes.
Trust me, it works every time

no way, the best method is to pay :10bux: ! ;)
weasel

Postby RockstarM on Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:42 pm

Closing your eyes AND paying for:
Pacifist's electricity bill.
Weasel's Retirement fund
The Full game, insures a 120% guarantee of absolutely no ad's what-so-ever.

-Miss use of full version may resolve in harmful or fatal consequences, contact a professional if irritation occurs.
Do not play near a open flame, deliberately concentrating and inhaling Fantastic Contraption can result in death.
If you have not received your full version of Fantastic Contraption, please complain to your nearest weasel.
100% no-money guarantee. Special terms and conditions apply. Price may differ from $10-50.
"The Fountain of Queer Answers" is not responsible for cancer, loss of eye sight, mood swing's or any other symptoms.
All rights reserved
RockstarM

Postby tmusquiez on Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:06 am

This is a really great answer all thread, but what happens if FC GIVES YOUR PC A NASTY BUG AND IT BECOMES DED!!!11!
tmusquiez

Postby RockstarM on Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:08 am

roflmao
i wonder who that could be? xD *wink*
RockstarM

Postby joydisc on Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:58 am

RE: #10: I can't seem to add any more features to my contraption. I can move and delete what's there, but it won't let me add. I tried saving what I had "stillworkinonit" (unpossible contraption) and going back into it, but it doesn't seem to help. Help!
joydisc

Postby darkeagle on Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:33 am

Could you provide a link? You might have used too many pieces.
darkeagle

Postby tmusquiez on Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:26 am

darkeagle wrote:Could you provide a link? You might have used too many pieces.

joydisc wrote:RE: #10: I can't seem to add any more features to my contraption. I can move and delete what's there, but it won't let me add. I tried saving what I had "stillworkinonit" (unpossible contraption) and going back into it, but it doesn't seem to help. Help!

Sometimes joydisc, as odd as it sounds, whenever you have neared the piece limit, the position in which you move things can ultimately affect if it will start or not. I've had this happen a few times. Moving a rod slightly can make it start again. Alternatively it's common to get the black-hole glitch (where everything moves to the build area) if you connect too many rods together. A link would also be helpful as well.
tmusquiez

Postby purplemonkeyeat on Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:54 pm

yeah i had a problem i saved my contraption "the beast 2.0" for the wall lvl but wen i went bak on to view it it said i had to pay the $10
help!!!
purplemonkeyeat

Postby johnprichardson on Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:47 am

Any chance of getting the ads removed (I've been a member since mid-last year).
johnprichardson

Postby weasel on Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:50 am

Ads have been removed from the game screen for ages now. If you are having trouble please email sales@fantasticcontraption.com with your details and situation.
weasel

Postby kibblet on Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:56 pm

RockstarM wrote:Closing your eyes AND paying for:
Pacifist's electricity bill.
Weasel's Retirement fund
The Full game, insures a 120% guarantee of absolutely no ad's what-so-ever.

-Miss use of full version may resolve in harmful or fatal consequences, contact a professional if irritation occurs.
Do not play near a open flame, deliberately concentrating and inhaling Fantastic Contraption can result in death.
If you have not received your full version of Fantastic Contraption, please complain to your nearest weasel.
100% no-money guarantee. Special terms and conditions apply. Price may differ from $10-50.
"The Fountain of Queer Answers" is not responsible for cancer, loss of eye sight, mood swing's or any other symptoms.
All rights reserved

IDKWBIAROTFLSLIHATNTIAAF!

(I Don't Know Why But I Am Rolling On The Floor Laughing So Hard It Hurts And The Neighbours Think I Am A Freak!)
kibblet

Postby RockstarM on Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:41 pm

Lol! I'll take that as a compliment :)
RockstarM

Postby kibblet on Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:08 am

yup :)
kibblet

Postby thumpy on Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:36 pm

what about when i click on "player levels". the white bubbles close in and freeze. nothing happens? its not all the time just about every third or fourth time i wanna play
thumpy

Next

Return to Feedback and Problems